Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thoughts

Thoughts

My friend in SL has her SL mum dying in firstlife. This is such a harsh reality because her SL mum is more her mum then the womb from whence she came. I know this is sad but at the same time it shows the depth which we have come to share with each other. As another dear friend once said (and many of you say too) remember, behind the keyboard there is a soul.

And what is a 'soul'? The word is wonderful. To think this thought has followed man(women)kind for thousands of year in so many ways often in the form of religion but yet here in SL we have been able to get the closest to our 'soul' and others then ever before in history.

I must say, my 'soul' is not going to have hands in prayer singing Hallelujah for eternity. But then all of you know that about me already.

Soul has been used in so many ways. From song, "she sang with 'soul'. To her 'soulful' mourning. But all of these simply scratch the surface. Because those of us in SL now understand what soul is. The broadness and the depth. The limitlessness and the sublime.

We have all caught a glimpse of 'thirdlife'. And we have all found it to encompass our 'soul'.

So, my friend who must cede her mum in both first and second life to thirdlife agonizes at this moment. But her mum is there. We are limitless. We have crossed boundaries the poets thought they could describe.

"Crossing the Bar" by Alfred Lord Tennyson (Lord...hmmmm does he play Tiny Empires?)

Sunset and evening star,
And one clear call for me!
And may there be no moaning of the bar,
When I put out to sea,

But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
Too full for sound and foam,
When that which drew from out the boundless deep
Turns again home.

Twilight and evening bell,
And after that the dark!
And may there be no sadness of farewell,
When I embark;

For tho' from out our bourne of Time and Place
The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my Pilot face to face
When I have crossed the bar.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post Lauren- you don't even know how much it means to me. I don't know what I'd do without your constant love and support, you really are one of my true and dear friends.

Not to mention you manage to crack me up even when I'm crying :P

Love you girl!

Dama said...

Thank you for this post Lauren. I lost my RL mother to cancer. She had a beautiful soul and I will remember her always. I had begun to think of SL family as "pretend family." But, this post and alexa's blog posts about her mum have changed my mind. Soul is soul, heart is heart, and family is family... wherever and whomever they may be. alexa, my heart is with you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much a. starostin :) I really appreciate everyone's support... it really does help me get through everything.