Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Are You Getting Out Enough

One of the great benefits of Secondlife is your group of friends and your SL family. They're there to listen to your plights, laugh at your jokes and comfort you when you're sick.

We have all bonded with "pepotars" (people/avatars). We hear their voice which permeates both worlds and see their avatar. And in all of this we bond. Some leave but they will always be a part of our lives. Some are around more frequently then others but all are important to our complete lives.

However, I've noticed in SecondLife that as groups form it's hard for many to go out and explore. Especially as a group.

Because I do comedy in SecondLife I am always traipsing around trying to find new gigs but my friends who perform tend to travel within a small circle of where they perform and their fans. Builders start to only hang out with builders. Voice users with voice users. I'll bet Tribute Bands don't even go out into SecondLife except to perform.

Anyhow, I am going to make a suggestion to everyone. Grab 5 of your friends and go to some live performance as a group and then travel off to a sim where there are a bunch of people none of you know.
Get out of your neighborhood.

Oh, and don't forget to ask me to go (as one of your 5 friends)

No comments: